October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005 - October 2005
Last Month's Paparazzi (want to download a picture, click on the rotating film to go to download page, or click here)
Can't view the slideshow? For Internet Explorer, you can download java capabilities at www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
|Gas Prices For Your Area & Construction Information|
|Metro Blast From The Past|
The Cockroaches Play at Vinnie's Lounge October, 1983
| Off The Wire|
Facts About Drinking Water
|Quick Puzzles (bet you don't know them)||This Month's Trivia Contest|
|1. Find a 4-letter word that will make new words when it is added to the front of the following words. ____guard, ____line, ____long, ____time Answer|
2. Which would you rather have, a trunk full of nickels or a trunk half full of dimes? Answer
3. We were four, one was cut and we were five. What are we? Answer
4. A steady stream of people enter John's place of business and remove its treasured belongings. The people do not pay for what they take. John allows them to take as much as they can carry as long as they keep their mouths shut. What are the people taking and which type of business employs John? Answer
|There were 2 dramatic 1 hour TV series that were that were spin-offs from 1970's 1/2 hour sitcoms. One was Lou Grant, spun off from the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Name the other.|
|Metro Sound Off - Letters To The Editor|
|YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 WHEN...|
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they
don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if
anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have
the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and
you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9
Cartoon From Iraq
Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can?
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
|Our Family & Friends Sites|
Want to add your site to our Family & Friends suggestions?
Simple send me an e-mail with the information, and I'll be glad to add it.
A painter's joke may be off-color while a cook's might be tasteless.
This Month's Staff
|Joke Of The Month|
A blond is sitting on a train reading the paper, when she comes to a heading that reads 12 BRAZILIAN SOLDIERS KILLED. She shakes her head closes the paper and says to the stranger next to her...
|Metro Subscriber Traveling Link Of The Month|
Metro Subscriber Cool Link Of The Month
Virtual Street Reality
Subscribe To The Metro
The McCarty Metro
Best Viewed 1024x768
| Home | News | Jerry's World | Calendar | The Plan | Quiz | September Update '|
| Kitchen Help | Peanut & Jocko | Mixology | Recipe Exchange | Chat | Final Thought |
Website Created & Maintained by Kelly McCarty
Copyright © 2005